Monday, February 21, 2011

Local Decatur Farmers Market

Every Saturday and Wednesday I pass by a local farmers market on my way home. Usually, I pass by and think about how I should stop and check it out but in all actuality I never stop. Yesterday my mom asked me to go to the grocery store and buy some eggs. On my way to the store, I passed the local farmers market and noticed they sold eggs. Not only did they sell eggs, but they also sold much more locally grown and organic produce, food and flowers. They sold everything from strawberry jam, salsa and homemade dog treats! Hence, I could not resist buying just eggs, as there was a local creamery which was selling award winning ice cream. Not only did I feel like I was supporting my local community but I also knew I was buying more healthy and organic products. My advice to you: Watch out for a local farmer's market in your area and take advantage of the locally grown food and if you see ice cream, it is a must have!

2 comments:

  1. There is a great farmers market every Saturday at the St. Phillips Cathedral on Peachtree. They have locally grown produce and great food that they make in front of you and all sorts of organic soaps and body products. It's a much more exciting environment than a typical grocery store that's for sure!
    Sarah Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the one you're talking about in Decatur?

    ReplyDelete