Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wow.


I’m not going to lie. When I first when to the library to checkout Animal Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, I was thinking, “Wow, this is honestly, going to be the worst book I have ever read.” I admit I probably had the worst attitude in the world about this book, but it was one of the funniest books I have ever read. I’ve always wanted to live on a farm, grow my own vegetables, raise animals, and have the whole experience, but she made me realize how much work it really is. I just got done with the book and I’m still in shock on how she changed my whole opinion of the book around. She isn’t just an author; she is funny, really funny. I couldn’t help but laugh at all of her jokes. She intertwines the story of her and her family with comical jokes, and recipes. I loved it! My favorite part was in chapter 16, Smashing Pumpkins. I absolutely adored the story about her and her dad’s battle with the pumpkin!

I might just have to renew Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and read it again. I strongly advise all of those who have not read the book to read it. It may sound like the worst book in the world, but it’s actually a wonderful, comical story that everyone should read!

-Skye Sheffield


No comments:

Post a Comment